Thanks to Nicole I'm going to try to get back into blogging. My husband would probably benefit the most from this because if I'm blogging about knitting & spinning then I'm not rambling on and on to him about it.
First off, my Tour de Fleece was successful! In fact I got through my 42 ounces of fiber about 1 week early so I was very pleased.
That's 9 skeins of DK weight yarn. I was going for quantity and consistency. Some of these might even make it to the NYS Fair as my handspun entries for this year.
1. I really like to spin so I should really start knitting with my handspun.
2. I don't like spinning every day because it's tedious and rough on my body
3. Spinning every day really improves the quality of my handspun
4. Someday when I retire, I should spin for an hour or so each morning then knit in the evenings
5. Next year I'd like to focus on a specific technique for TdF like spin lace weight or worsted weight instead of quantity.
Next up, Nicole gave me this:
Part of accepting this award is to tell everyone 7 as-yet-unknown things about oneself:
1. If money and housing weren't a factor I'd have more kids than the Duggars
2. I spent 2 weeks traveling through Vietnam and can't wait to take my family there
3. I was voted Most Athletic in high school
4. I was injured in college playing rugby and had TMJ surgery on my jaw
5. I am a huge sci-fi/fantasy fan including books, tv shows & movies
6. My husband & I plan to see the NY Giants play in every stadium
7. My yarn & fiber stash is so big that I could probably knit for at least 10 years without buying more