Tuesday, March 25, 2008

GAAA - Adams Square

Somehow I miscounted but this is my 6th finished square for the Great American Aran Afghan! It was a quick knit once I understood the pattern and my only downfall was that occasionally I would forget to cable on row 5. Here's my finished square:


I need to take a break from knitting these squares so that I can get some time sensitive projects done but I'm very happy with my progress so far. I might actually have a change of finishing this before the end of next year! [I originally said I wanted it done by the end of 2008 but looking at my stash and list of projects there's no way that's going to happen.]

Pattern: The Great American Aran Afghan - Carol Adams square
Yarn: Plymouth Encore color 7357 worsted weight
Needles: size 6 US (4 mm)
Notions: cable needle & 2 stitch markers
Size before blocking: 11.5" x 12"
Time frame: about 2 weeks due to all the mistakes I made

No comments: