Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lady Bathory Shawl

I had just finished a project and was in that weird period of indecision of what to knit next.  It doesn't happen often.  I ended up grabbing a kit that my parents got me for Christmas last year: Lady Bathory Shawl from Wooly Wonka Fibers. 

It's red fingering weight yarn with black hematite beads and couldn't be more perfect for me.  I am in love with crescent shaped shawls as well.  The pattern was engaging yet very easy to memorize.





My only disappointment was that I didn't have enough yarn.  I had to skip the last pattern repeat and decrease a bit faster but I don't think it affected the over all look of the shawl.  I probably should have paid attention to my gauge but I was lazy.

Because this was a gift to me I'm keeping it for myself.  It's long enough to wrap around my shoulders and not fall off - I'll definitely be wearing this to future festivals.