Wednesday, April 16, 2008

08 Resolutions?

I got thinking about what my knitting resolutions were for 2008 and I think I'm off track.

1. Learn how to knit using two circular needles
2. Knit a project using color work techniques (more than one color in a row)
3. Finish the Great American Aran Afghan

Let's just be honest. I will not finish that afghan this year. If I did, it would be the only project I worked on for the rest of the year. I would be miserable. I'm going to modify that to completing half of the squares needed to finish GAAA by the end of this year. If I happen to do more, that's cool.

That feels better.
******************

For the knitting on two circular needles goal I'm going to need to buy another set of interchangeable needles. Do I buy another older set on eBay like the one that I have now or do I splurge and get the Knit Picks Options? If I do that, what's it going to be like working with two different types of needles?

I definitely want to knit myself some funky socks. I've gotten bit by the sock knitting bug and it's really, really bad. I'm shopping online and finding socks that will end up being around $22 a pair because the yarn is so lovely. I'm too cheap for that right now.
******************

A project with multiple colors is actually possible this year. It could be a small hat that I just play around with until I feel comfortable. I was reading up on the TKGA guidelines for what Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced are and I think adding color work to my techniques would make me a solid Intermediate knitter.
******************

For next year I think I'd like to look at taking some of the TKGA classes and possibly signing up for their Masters program. To do that though I'd have to make sure that 2007 has lots of stash busting projects because I have no room for more yarn.

Overall I think I made some good goals for this year. It helped me look at my knitting skills and assess where I'm at along with where I want to go. It's a long road but I'm definitely enjoying the ride!

No comments: