Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Finished Object - Elizabeth I, Glorianna

I took out the pins and blocking wires this morning, tried on the scarf and it now has my seal of approval for my ISE6 pal. I was worried that it wouldn't be long enough because it looked so good blocked out wide and doing that shortened it up. I don't know why but blocking is the scariest part of knitting for me. I'm terrified that all of my work will be ruined if I do the wrong thing and it felts. I can't even imagine steeking a sweater yet - but I will do it eventually.


This pattern never became automatic for me. I always had to look at the pattern but eventually it was just a glance instead of studying every stitch. I like working with the Alpaca Cloud yarn from Knit Picks but I would like to try other brands and eventually make something bigger like a stole or a shawl. I will probably do a few more lace scarves for practice before I take on a project like that. I did love the Autumn color with the Alpaca Cloud and how it was sometimes a dark red and other times a mixed brown. So cool.

Stats:
Knit Time - 9 months on and off (travel project)
Needles - US 5
Yarn - Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Autumn
Pattern - Elizabeth I, Glorianna variation

No comments: