Monday, April 14, 2008

Finished Object - William's Pullover

Two finished projects in a row! So exciting!

I have to say that I absolutely love the Knitting Pure & Simple patterns. I love the clear way that they're written. I love how easy and quick they are to knit. I love that they are straight forward and not something that you have to figure out. I love that they are a basic pattern that gets the job done - nothing fancy so you can let the yarn be the main focus. I made a mental note to buy several of these patterns every time I visit a yarn shop since you can't get them online. If I could have ordered them online I would have bought almost all of them by now.

Here's my finished Children's Neck Down Pullover # 9730:


I ran into no issues knitting this up. None. How many times can you say that about a project? The most challenging task was picking up stitches evenly which is normally hard for me. BUT in amazing form, the pattern spells out exactly how many you should pick up in each section instead of just giving you the total number. GENIUS!


Love it. Love it. Love it!

I think I'm going to keep this pattern handy for future charity projects. I am always looking for quick and simple patterns to make with the bargain yarn I get. I can't say enough about how much I love knitting patterns from this company. Maybe that's why I've already cast on for the Children's Tunic # 232 . . .

I was able to get Will to try it on for about half a second, then he tore it right off. He was not in the mood to try on clothes and model for me. My mother swears that it is a good size for him while I can only confirm that the neck hole and sleeve holes are at least big enough for my big guy! I'll definitely take a picture on his birthday when he's finally ready to wear it for me.

Pattern: Children's Neck Down Pullover # 9730
Yarn: Dark Horse Fantasy yarn in cobalt
Needles: US sizes 6 & 9 in circular & DPNs
Notions: stitch markers, scrap yarn
Time frame: 3/24/08 to 4/12/08 (many charity projects interfered so probably only 2 weeks to finish)

No comments: