Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tour de Fleece Prep - Part 2

It took me a little while to come to a decision but finally I have my goal set for this year's Tour de Fleece: spin over 2 pounds of fiber.  I think I can do it as long as I spin each day.  This afternoon I set aside the fiber that I'd like to spin:


I've started a monthly spin-along challenge in the CNY Ravelry group and for July my plan is to pick Corriedale/Colonial fiber.  That picture is 42.1 ounces of fiber all within those specifics.  From left to right:

Red - 18.1 ounces of Spinner's Hill Corriedale, Finn, Rambouillet Cross Sheep fiber
Light and dark blue balls - 4 and 8 ounces of Ashland Bay Colonial fiber
3 braids in green, blue & purple - 4 ounces each of Stone Edge Fibers Colonial Wool Top

It is a challenge for me and I might not be able to get it all done.  I'm leaving the braids for last because they were most recently purchased.  I thought this would be a great chance for me to spin up some of my older fiber that's been in my stash for a while now.  I may be taking a day or two off from work just to make some progress on my spinning . . . I'm due for a day off anyway so it's perfect timing!


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi girlie, I just gave you an award for your blog. Go to this post to see: http://nichookscrochet.blogspot.com/2012/07/a-nod-to-some-fellow-bloggers.html?showComment=1343483536190#c2398610929051154689. It's not spam! Thank you for writing a blog that I enjoy! :-)