Friday, June 5, 2009

Finished Object - Dad's Vest

It couldn't have been finished with any later and still be a present for my father. His birthday was this past Tuesday but I got a few extra days since I won't see him until tomorrow. It's currently blocking/drying in our spare bedroom.


I would say that while the pattern is beautiful and very well made, it's short. I tried to add length to it here and there hoping to make up for it since I read others knitters opinions on the Ravelry project page claiming it ended up way short for them. My Dad wanted it longer than what the pattern stated so I definitely kept that in mind the whole time. I'm hoping that by blocking the wool strongly it will give me another couple inches in length. We shall see when he tries it on tomorrow . . .

Details
Pattern: Zipped Vest by Veronik Avery
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool in charcoal
Needles: US 4 (Knit Picks Options were awesome)
Time frame: 3/23/09 - 6/5/09

No comments: