Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Finished Object - Kansas' Purse

Thankfully I have a wonderful mother-in-law with amazing sewing skills, otherwise this purse would never have been finished.

The yarn called for is ribbon yarn (Berroco Glace) and I will never, ever knit in ribbon yarn again. I'm documenting this just in case I see something pretty online and think that it won't be that bad. It was a nightmare to knit with and just twists and twists. Maybe I just have just knit it from the hank. I don't know. It took twice as long as it should have to knit and then required sewing skills.

I think I might have the sewing skills but just not the sewing patience :)


So, this purse was loving knit by me and sewn by her Grandma. Just look at that button - just perfect! Thank goodness I was using my Rosewood luxury needles . . . it dulled the anger and kept me from hurling it across the room! I love my niece Kansas but I was this close to just sending her a gift card and letting her go shopping. I hope she loves it and I can't wait to hear from her!

Details
Pattern: Girly Bag by Amy Polcyn (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Berroco Glace (thankfully discontinued)
Needles: US 6 rosewood straights
Time frame: June 5-20, 2009

No comments: