Buy - This was an easy one. The kits came and I mainly focused on buying spinning fiber and tools. No problem there at all. I shop like a champ!
Make - I didn't do so well with this one. I made the cardigan for my mom and a few Knitspot kits but I didn't make a cardigan for myself. I have been trying to lose weight so I'm waiting until my measurements are stable before attempting a fitted project for myself. I did knit lots and lots of projects this year with almost 14,000 yards according to my knit meter stats. I still have a large wrap on the needles which should be done before the end of the month so that's even more yardage. My best friend is pregnant so I was willingly sidetracked for several baby projects.
Learn - I had quite the list:
- Steeking - nope but I have a class at Vogue Live in NYC next month to learn this
- Navajo plying - by far the coolest and most satisfying thing I learned to do this year
- Gradient spinning - nope, not sure I want to do this now
- Alpaca fiber spinning - yes!
- Using a drum carder - nope, don't have the time for this so it will stay in storage
- Woolen spinning - nope but it's still something I want to learn
- Long Draw - Abby Franquemont tried to teach me this quickly and I did practice a little but I need lots more practice.
I think I almost have a good handle on what my goals will be for next year so stay tuned.