1. Notifications are mailed out on whether or not my items entered in the NYS Fair placed.
Boo-Yaa! All 5 entries were accepted and I received 2nd place for lace, 4th for afghan and honorable mentions for knitted accessory and my 2 handspun submissions! I am so pleased.
2. Notifications are emailed out on whether or not I got in to the 2012 Knitter's Review Retreat
Boo-Yaa (#2)! At 9:27 pm last night I got word that I have a confirmed spot at this year's retreat! I will be taking Mary Scott Huff's Sassy Selbu Mittens workshop and Sivia Harding's Design Your Own Sideways-Knit Shawlette workshop. I'm very excited for this but a little nervous too because I've never been to this retreat before.
3. The August pattern for the Fall in Full Color knitspot subscription club is released
Without spoiling too much this month's release is pretty damn cool. The pattern will eventually be shared here and the yarn is perfect for someone in my family. I've already got it set aside as future gift knitting.
4. My husband flies home after a week long business trip in Texas
He got in about 10 minutes late but no complaints here. It's great to have him back and no work trips for a while.
5. Family that I haven't seen in forever are getting in late Friday night
They made it here with no issues other than running into a butt-load (yes, that's a technical term) of construction traffic. So glad to be able to spend time with them this week.
6. It's my last day of work before a week long vacation
Ahhh. 9 days of no work. I am so loving this already!
Last night I went to bed thinking about everything that happened in one day. It was just an amazing day and I am so thankful.