Monday, May 12, 2008

New Travel Project

I like to have a small lace project when I travel. It may sound strange but I love not having a bulky yarn to carry with my when I'm packing for a trip. I had just one version left to try from the Elizabeth I pattern and since I was pretty familiar with the designs and chart I decided to give it a try. This is my progress from my last trip to Chicago:


The Dainty Bess variation is very straight forward and easy to follow. I think this will end up much wider than the other two so I may have to knit more pattern repeats overall to get a length I like. No worries though since this is a no rush project I'll probably end up taking a year to complete it. The Yarn Harlot has her traveling socks while I have my traveling lace . . .

The yarn is Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Stream Heather. I do love working with this yarn. I just saw the latest advertisement for their Lace Samplers and I want to buy every one! It's taking a tremendous amount of restraint to not order. I've never had such an urge to purchase yarn before without having a specific project in mind. It's horrible! I keep trying to justify it by finding projects but I already have plenty of lace weight yarn in my stash. How many lace scarves can one person knit anyway? I like the suggestion to knit with two strands for fingering weight socks but I don't want to do that until I've learned how to knit with two circular needles. This temptation is just unbearable!

No comments: