Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend from Hell

No pictures today. Just a recap on my weekend.

Everything started out very nice. Friday night was "date night" with my husband so we tried a new Mexican restaurant called Jalapenos. It was excellent. I was craving some good salsa with homemade chips warm from the oven and they hit the spot. Maybe too much.

About an hour after dinner my stomach started hurting. We went straight home because I wasn't feeling well - then the pain really hit. It started to remind me of labor pains so I decided to go to the hospital. Turns out I had a gallstone and it was blocking something so they had to remove it on Saturday with surgery. They released me on Sunday and when I came home I found out that a close family friend died in a car accident leaving her 2 small children behind. This has been very tough on our whole family.

The whole weekend made me appreciate my family more than ever. My parents were able to take care of our son and eventually take care of me when I needed it. My husband stepped up and took control of the hospital situation getting me attention when I needed it most. Now we have our extended family driving through rain and snow storms to get home for a funeral. I may not be able to understand why our friend had to die but I do have faith that everything will be ok.

On the knitting side, my thoughtful husband brought in two projects for me to work on while I was in the hospital. I didn't knit at all because of the pain meds but it was comforting to know that I could if I wanted to. I think only other knitters can appreciate that :)

No comments: