Friday, April 13, 2007

Welcome!

I have decided to start a new blog so that I can have an outlet for my knitting and spinning (ok and bragging about how cute my kid is). Here are a few pictures of a pound of romney wool that I finally finsihed spinning. I just need to wash it to set the twist and then I'll start thinking about what I'd like to make with it.



I experimented with single, double and triple ply just to see how each would turn out. This is my first spinning project so I wanted to get an idea of what I'd like to actually knit up some day. I've got a beautiful pound of alpaca next. It's a dark chocolate brown and I can't wait to get started!

But before I spin anything else I would like to finish the baby afghan that I started for my son. His first birthday is May 5th and I have 2 more sections to knit, then sew up the pieces and knit the border. It's a big project but I think it's nice for him to have a handmade present. No pictures yet to share of the afghan so I'll just prove that he's super cute!


I just found out that there's a local knitting group in this area and they're next meeting is this Monday. I loved getting together with people to knit back when we lived in Chicago so I'm excited to go. It's a bit scary to put yourself out there with a group of strangers but I have found that the risk is definitely worth it. As soon as the needles and yarn come out people make fast friends.

No comments: