Monday, April 7, 2008

Deadlines

I have actually taken a sick day today from work. I am sick but I also just needed to take a day to breath and get some personal stuff done.

My progress on Will's sweater for his second birthday (May 5th) is actually inspiring. I should knit stockinette sweaters for him more often. I'm finishing up the collar now and just have the sleeves left. Super fast!


This morning I finally blocked out my Glorianna scarf. It's so beautiful. It matches my swap pals criteria almost perfectly for the 6th International Scarf Exchange. When I started it I just wanted a nice travel project to work on while in airports and I didn't have anyone in mind for it. It seems now that it's destiny was to be finished at the perfect time for the perfect swap pal! I'm going to wait until it's completely finished before I decide for sure though. I did already buy yarn for a different pattern but this one works best in my opinion.


In the meantime, the heavens have opened up and it's raining charity projects! I sign up for these occasionally through the Charity section in Knitting Help and they normally give me a nice break from my regular projects. Somehow I now have 3 charity projects at my house. I finished one last week (just got the next person's contact information yesterday), I should have the second one done today and then the last one should take me about 2 nights to finish. After this I have 3 more to go so I'm taking a hiatus from signing up to do anymore for a month or two. I need time to get back on track with my personal projects.

I have a v-neck hoodie that I'd also like to make for Will's birthday and I've been trying to find a pattern for a clergy stole for my friend that's getting ordained in late May. My Google searches haven't been helpful so this will probably end up being my first ever designed from scratch project. It's intimidating but I want it to be perfect.

Excuse me while I head on over to the couch for some knitting and TNT movies for the rest of the day . . .

No comments: