Thursday, August 28, 2008

Silly Washcloth Pictures

I wanted to put a real picture up in Ravelry for my washcloths. I was trying to take a close up of the stitch definition and no matter how hard I tried it kept being way to blurry. Here's the shot I wanted:


At that moment of frustration my husband walked into my office. I innocently asked him how I can take a nice close up picture with my new fandangled camera without it being so blurry and it all just got out of hand from there . . .

He's my go to guy for anything technical so he immediately got out the tripod and started figuring out the best angles. While he was doing that I took this picture that was ok for me:


He then took my super cool camera, screwed it to the tripod and took this picture after playing with the settings:


After several tries he thought our old camera that was bigger might work better on the tripod so he unscrewed my camera and screwed on the old clunker (it's still a really great camera - just too big for my liking). He fiddled for awhile and came up with this one that we determined to be the best quality:


Pretty cool. Way too much effort for a Ravelry picture of a washcloth but definitely a learning experience. How do those famous bloggers do this every day with their yarn and projects?I've heard of the light boxes that people set up but it just seems like a lot of work for my personal knitting pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice wash cloth! I take lots of close-up pics for my website by using the macro setting on my camera. You might check your user manual to see if you camera has that setting.

Aren't those techy kind of husbands just the best to have around? I've had mine for almost 26 years and I think I'll keep him for at least another 26!

MGM