Friday, October 26, 2007

Sweater Progress


DSC00382
Originally uploaded by Angela & Gerald

I have been working pretty faithfully on this sweater now for a week or two and I'm still amazed at how quickly chunky yarn knits up. This picture is about 15 inches of love! The pattern is very intuitive now and I can easily knit and watch our tv shows (even Prison Break). The cable pattern is lovely.

I'm worried about how the neck & collar will work out because the person that this is intended for asked for more of a turtle neck instead of the mock turtle that the pattern is for. Much though will have to be dedicated to this I'm sure (and many phone calls to my mother-in-law to help me think it out).

I do plan to take a break from this and finish the basic hat I'm working on this weekend. I have a gift that I need to knit up in time for Christmas that I refuse to start knitting until I finish at least one project. Sad - but it helps me keep my sanity. Too many WIPs is just not fun for me.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: