Tuesday, October 2, 2007

White Christmas square #3

I started on my third White Christmas square on Sunday night and it's a quick knit. The pattern is called Vertical Weave and I found it in the first ever stitch book that I bought called "Beginner's Guide, Knit Stitches & Easy Projects". I think I got it at Michael's when I first purchased yarn and needles. Most of the pictures are in black & white but it's a handy little book to have. Here's my progress so far:


I seem to have moved on from my "lace knitting kick" to a "charity knitting kick". I keep bookmarking charities that I want to knit for but I'm realizing quickly that I just don't have the time right now. I do knit every night but I'm not that fast, nor do I want to knit fast. I like the speed I'm at since it's still enjoyable.

Besides the Knitting Help charity knitting I adding items to my To Do list for:
Project Linus - blankets for children ages 0-18 in my area
Afghans for Afghans - warm clothing for Afghan children
Warm Up America - donating men's hats to our Rescue Mission for the homeless

There are so many others that I want to knit for but I need to use up my stash first to make room for more yarn. I have some big projects to complete (GAAA & Jerry's sweater) first and then I plan to purchase yarn for charity. In the meantime I'm going to use up my stash on my mindless knitting projects and try to fit the requirements of different charities at the same time. Oh - AND get started on my Christmas knitting projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is such an interesting pattern. I can't wait to see the final product.