Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where I've Been & Where I'm Going

Well, take a deep breath with me and exhale. I'm going to relax and try to update with lots of pictures for about 5 minutes and then it's off to the races again.

Let's start with what I've finished. The 4 squares that I promised Shandeh over at Knitting Help are finished and will be in the mail as soon as I take my lunch break. Here's a close up of the cluster rib pattern I used for #4:


And an artsy-fartsy picture of all 4 squares that are destined for the UPS Store in about a 1/2 hour:

Now let's get down and dirty with my current WIPs. I am starting a new love for my circular needles, especially when it involves all knit stitches for the Basic Hat pattern (2006 Pattern a Day Calendar). This one is will be eventually given to my local Rescue Mission here in Syracuse since they specifically needed men's hats. Isn't it cool how it's striping but it's not self-striping yarn?

It's like camouflage only not. Man, I love my Wool-Ease sport weight!

The biggest and most exciting WIP is that I've finally started my first adult sweater. It's the cover pattern from the Men in Knits book and for my father-in-law. I was thrilled to see how quickly it knit up. Chunky weight yarn is super fast! Here's a close up of the cable section that will be in the middle of both the front and back of the sweater:


It's in a charcoal color so it's going to be a pain to photograph but in person it looks very nice. It will be perfect for those fall/spring days when it's chilly out.

Lastly, I'm heading out to London on Thursday to meet up with my husband who's already there. I've never been there before so I'm very excited to do all of the tourist stuff. On the way over I plan to knit this Fingerlakes Soft Wool:


into the My So Called Scarf pattern that I found on Ravelry. It will be a Christmas present for my mother and the yarn is something that she picked out for herself at the Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival with me. On the way back I plan to read since my knitting will be in my checked baggage. I am taking no chances with security plus I have several books I've been neglecting.

I will not apologize for not being my regular posting self but I will say that I hope to be posting more often once I get back from London next week. (I can't wait to explore the yarn shops over there!)

No comments: