Monday, June 23, 2008

Finished Object - Knit Cotton Rug

I found this pattern on the Knitting 2008 Calendar one day and I thought it would be nice to make for my in-laws since they just purchased a winter home and were in the process of fixing it up. It was an interesting experience to use the gigantic US 13 needles. The most challenging part was using 4 strands of the yarn at one time. They seemed to not want to stay even - even after I wound them into one ball with my ball winder. But it didn't take too long to finish the project so I would count it as a minor annoyance.


I did find a hand towel pattern that I like and it looks nice with the rug so my plans are to make an entire bath set as a Christmas present. No clue how many hand towels and wash cloths will be included but I have a ton of this yarn (I have no will power when there's a sale).


I do like the color changes in this yarn and the other colors available are very attractive. Specifically I like the green, pink and peach-ish colors. I hope they continue to make this variation in the future since I love dish cloth knitting in the summer when it's just too hot for wool.

Pattern: Knit Rug
Yarn: Sugar'n Cream Twists in denim
Needles: US size 13 bamboo straight needles
Notions: none
Time frame: 5/28/08 to 6/11/08

No comments: