Friday, June 6, 2008

International Scarf Exchange 6

I participated in my first ever swap when I joined the 6th International Scarf Exchange. I was nervous about finishing my scarf in time to meet the deadline and it just so happened that I had recently finished a scarf that matched my persons likes very well.

Then I waited. I kept seeing every one's packages on the site and I was so jealous. Absolutely beautiful scarves and amazing goodies. Let me tell you, I'm no longer jealous! I received my package earlier this week - I think I squealed with delight but it was more of a SQUEEE sound. That Crafty Librarian sure did spoil me!

Let's start with the scarf - cables, lots of cool cables knit with super soft dark chocolate brown yarn. She must have done her homework because I absolutely love it! I have a barn coat that I can finally fit into again and it will look great with it. I tried so hard to get good pictures:




This scarf will definitely get worn and my only regret is that I can't wear it now. It's going to be 90 degrees today and humid. Let's get on to the goodies!



I don't even know where to start.

The chocolate is already gone, that lasted a full two days which is impressive in this house. Gracie found the "kitty mints" immediately and just sat there waiting for me to give her one. It was like she knew it was hers and she was trying to be patient. The knit turtle and ladybug toys are somewhere downstairs now. Samson is partial to the ladybug while Gracie keeps sitting on the turtle to "hide" it.

The Botanical lotion set smells just wonderful! I've already started using the hand lotion but I'm saving the rest for my next flight as a treat. They're all under 3 ounces each so I'll be able to pamper myself in the hotel.

I've been dying to try the Debbie Bliss cashmerino for awhile now. Even my husband recognized the name and remembered me drooling over it at my LYS. It's so soft. Everything was so nice but I think my favorite goodie is the ladybug stitch markers. I've never had any nice stitch markers before - I just use the plastic rings - so it will definitely be cool to have these dangling from my next project!

Thanks to my pal so much for such a great scarf and all of the thoughtful goodies! I can't even believe that she was able to do all of this while remodeling their home AND learning that she's PREGNANT for the first time! All those hormones would have made it impossible for me to do anything! Thanks again for making my first swap such a memorable experience!

No comments: