Monday, September 10, 2007

Catching Up

Well, I wish I could say that I'm returning to regular blogging but that would be a lie. This is the busiest month of the year for me at work and it's been impossible to get anything personal done during work time. This is ok though since hopefully it means I'll be making money!

I gave up on the lace scarf for now. I just wasn't feeling it. I don't have the concentration that I should for this project so I'm shelving it for the time being. It will get finished someday, that's a definite.

I started up a new charity knitting project courtesy of Shandeh on Knitting Help. It's the White Christmas project and I just love it. Feel free to join up! Here's my first square in progress:


Close-up of the moss stitch I'm using:


The yarn I'm using is Caron's Simply Soft worsted weight in white. I used this brand for my son's afghan and loved it. It's 100% acrylic but it's very nice to work with. PLUS it's washable AND dryable. You really can't beat that for a charity project. Anything that must be hand washed just isn't reasonable in my opinion.

I'm still working on the Palindrome scarf and I plan to knit up the hat as well when I'm finished with the scarf. Modifying the pattern to fit sport weight will be a bit of a challenge but I'm up for it!

No comments: