Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update: Podcasts & Festivals

I have to say that using my love of knitting and spinning to get me on that treadmill really worked. My 30 mins just flew by and I'm actually excited to work out again today just so I can listen to the next podcast. This is crazy! By Christmas I should be ready to run a 5K race - ok maybe not but I should be walking that much each day by then. This might actually work for me!

I am so excited to go to the Finger Lakes Fiber Arts Festival in Hemlock, NY this weekend! I have no idea what to expect. I'm not a good impulse buyer when it comes to yarn because I like to have a pattern in mind first. I'm thinking about getting a list of some of the patterns I would like to try over the next year and then jot down the yarn requirements. Is that too anal? I've heard that you can get great kits at these festivals so maybe I'll just go that route.

Now the bad news: I can't go to Rhinebeck this year. This is the second year since I've been living in NYS that I can't go. BUT the good news is that I can't go because my husband has a work trip to London that same time so he's going to extend it a few days and have me fly over using his frequent flyer miles. My first trip to London! YAY! I'm already researching all of the things to do and places to go so I can make the most of my weekend there.

For knitting I'd take another picture of the Palindrome scarf that I'm knitting but it's just the same thing only longer. I'll save you the boredom and just leave you with a picture of my son all dressed up for school (daycare) yesterday. He is so cute in overalls!

No comments: