Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's Crazy Busy Time

"Work is busy for me right now" - understatement of the year

This is just ridiculous. I'm barely able to think straight. Just a few more days and this quarter will be over.

I am knitting madly every night to help relax. I got the Oddball Lapghan yesterday afternoon and my husband helped me pick out a pattern to use for my 3 inch section. It's called "Large Basket stitch" in the Vogue Knitting book. After figuring out the math in the pattern to match the 200 stitches I found that actually there were 199 stitches on the needles. I increased close to the middle and I don't think you can even tell.

Here's a before picture:


The green that the last person used was very close to the green yarn that I had left over from the Pea Pod Baby set so I couldn't use that. I decided to use a skein of white that I had purchased for the White Christmas squares. There's no way I would have used all of it by October 15th. The white looks very nice next to the green. I'll try to post a picture of my section later this week when it actually looks like the pattern.

This project is on circular needles and I'm normally not that fond of using circulars but I'm getting into a nice groove with them. I might have to break mine out in the future and work with them more. (Maybe I'll treat myself to a set of Options)

I did finish the White Christmas square #2 but I'm too lazy to post an updated picture. I'm thinking I should be able to knit up one more.

No comments: