Monday, May 21, 2007

Finished Object - Aran Afghan Sampler

This weekend I finally finished sewing on borders. It felt great. My mother-in-law promised to help me block it out the next time she visits. She said something about steam and ironing it but I can't remember all of the details. Here's the afghan's resting place until my son gets big enough for a "big boy bed"

I really enjoyed this project and I would definitely recommend it to anyone that needs a baby step before starting on the Great American Aran Afghan project. I learned basic techniques of assemply that I would have really struggled with if it had been a fancier project. Here's the afgan all stretched out:

Basic facts on the project

Pattern: Free from Lion Brand Yarn pattern #864 found here
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in DK Country Blue 9906
Knit Time: Started around April 2006 and finished May 2007 (with time off for delivering the afghan recipent to this world)

I am so excited to have finished this that I'm still contemplating my next stash buster project. I'm finishing up the braided cable scarf but I'm not sure what to start next. I know that I should work on my next square for the GAAA project but I need a little break and those patterns can be intense. I have some fun cotton yarn for dishcloths and they're fun little projects to knit up in the summer time. I also have the lace weight alpaca yarn that has failed me 3 times already. I don't think I'm that brave yet to try again.

No comments: