Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mystery Yarn

My mother gave me a left over skein of yarn from a blanket that she crocheted for my son. I'm not sure what it is. She probably got it at JoAnn's so it's most likely some kind of acrylic blend for babies. My best guess is that it's machine washable but not to be put in the dryer. It's so soft that it inspired me to make the Branching Out scarf that I've seen so many people work on. I started this on Saturday night and here's my progress so far:


I'm really amazed at how quickly this knits up. The pattern isn't quite intuitive for me yet but I haven't had any problems (knock on wood). I've been using my Chart Keeper to keep track of which row I'm on and I've found it very helpful. I will definitely need to block this out well when I'm done. I may just give this to my mom as a keepsake/reminder of the blanket she made.

One note - Samson was not impressed with my scarf. He was too busy trying to stay hidden on a box of pictures that I forgot to take care of.

I keep hearing Chris Farley sing "Fat guy in a little coat . . ." from Tommy Boy when I look at this picture. It's not so bad until Samson starts snoring.

No comments: