Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Safety Pins are a Girls Bestfriend

Yay! I finished sewing up the two halves last night and during my lunch break today I pinned them together. This is the reverse side and the glorious pinning I did. It took me 20 minutes to get it right and it's still a little lopsided in sections but I think only I will notice it.

Then I worked on sewing them together. Blah! Blah! Blah! Now this is what I have after all that work.

It just dawned on me today that it's way too big for the Big Guy's crib. Oops! You think I would have measured everything before I started the project. That would have made too much sense. Maybe this will be a transition piece to help him move from the crib to a regular bed next year.

So YAY for me! Whoo-Hoo! I finished sewing up everything before his birthday which was my original goal. I still have that border to work on but I don't feel the major time constraint on that part. My biggest issue is that it's supposed to be 2 pieces that are 40 inches and then 2 more that are 60 inches all seed stitch. The afghan actually measures about 40 by 62. Not bad really. My mother-in-law suggested that I crochet it on but I just don't like to crochet. Besides, I'm a follow the pattern exactly kind of girl. I'm not that adventurous yet :)

3 comments:

Agnes said...

OMG ... you finished! Congratulations!

Agnes said...

Oh ... I see better now ... I thought it was the GAAA! But still, it's lovely (I always like sampler afghan!).

Angela said...

I wish! :) I found that the GAAA was very challenging and I needed to work on something that helped me learn more before I got going again on it. Kind of like an intermediate step.

This one has been great. I improved with my cabling skills, learned some tricks with pattern reading and got experience sewing up pieces. I'm still working on the border but when I finish this I'll look to get going again on the GAAA. (I may finish a scarf first just for my sanity :)