Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Necessary Evil

Finishing work. I can't think of anything more boring than sewing these squares together. I have finally finished knitting up my pieces (squares and rectangles) and now I need to sew it up and then knit the border. BLAH! It's so boring and it hurts my back! I seem to have the same phrase going through my head for every stitch "I'd rather be knitting . . . I'd rather be knitting" ugh. Here's some boring pictures of the pieces waiting to be sewn.



I think the most interesting part of this picture is Gracie tip toeing around the afghan-to-be. I think if I were ever to do this project again I would skip the 6 seed stitch squares and add more cables. It was nice to have a break from the cables every now and then but for this to be an aran afghan sampler it would be more appealing to me to have all sorts of cables and twists in it. Maybe I'm just gearing up to start working on GAAA again :)

This will be sewn together by Saturday for my son's first birthday. I'll probably finish the border and get that attached sometime later. My mother-in-law has promised to help me block it out once it's all done.

Man . . . what a boring post! I can't wait until this is done and I can finally just knit again!

No comments: