Thursday, May 17, 2007

Guilt

My husband and I came to a hard conclusion this month. We can't do it all. Sounds pretty common sense but it's very hard to digest. We were lucky enough to have him recently get a promotion and a hefty raise. So we divided up that raise to savings, college fund and a cleaning service for the house twice a month. This is where the guilt comes in. I should be able to keep my own house clean but it's just not getting done. I'd rather spend time with my family on the weekends than scrubbing toilets. Part of me is cheering because I'm putting my family first - the other part is grumbling because it's something I could do myself and save the money.

Good news is more time for knitting, bad news is less money for spinning fiber and knitting related items (I'm still on that yarn diet for 2007).

I finished the borders for the afghan but they're not that exciting so no pictures today. My plan is to seam everything up and have a final finished object picture by this weekend. Then on to smaller projects with fun yarn from my stash!

No comments: