Monday, July 16, 2007

315

I wasn't sure how I felt about this. I've been going strong now for 315 days without purchasing yarn, feeling proud and that I could make it until Christmas no problem. Then I realized that one of my friends is due next month with her first baby and I haven't made her anything yet. I kept negotiating in my mind (buy her something now and then wait until January to buy yarn to make something cute) but it was just ridiculous. Who am I trying to impress? What am I trying to accomplish?

I bought the damn yarn! That's right. It's more important for a new baby to come into this world and feel loved with a handmade gift than it is for me to be proud of a stupid number. I worked 315 days from my stash only. My husband doesn't care if I buy more yarn as long as I have somewhere to put it. I'm not going to be a "stash only" knitter anymore. That phase was necessary but finally it's over. I have found beautiful projects for my stash yarn but I plan to purchase yarn whenever needed as things like this come up.

The best part is that I now have projects assigned to all of the yarn that's in my stash now. I had bought some stuff because it was an amazing price and now it won't go to waste.

So now I'm waiting patiently for my yarn to get here . . .

Oh - I finished the lace scarf (just needs to be blocked), I finished 2 more dishcloths (I'll spare you the boring pictures) and I'm working on a square for GAAA. The coolest thing is that the last time I worked on this square it was over a year ago and unbelievably hard - now I'm knitting it up with no problems. It's amazing how much I've learned and improved over that time.

No comments: