Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Knitting Through The Pain

I wasn't able to spin last night because of a bee sting on my left ankle. Even though I peddle with my right foot I needed to keep my left foot elevated and iced. This is from a bee sting that happened on Sunday afternoon! Ridiculous!

It was pretty bad on Monday night so I skipped the Monday Night Knitting Club and kept it iced all night. Tuesday morning rolls around, it now hurts to walk and is so swollen it looks like I sprained it. Yet another trip to the doctor's office. Antibiotics AND a tetanus shot! UGH! Why can't I just be healthy?

So, I've finished a few of my super bright dishcloths:


And I have almost finished a salt'n pepper one modeled after my father's hair color:


One more to go from this ball of yarn and then I need to take a break from dishcloths. They are a quick knit and nice in the summer time but man are they boring after awhile. I've already got my next mindless knitting project ready to go in my knitting bag: Easy Worsted Weight Socks using Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I haven't made socks in over a year so this will be a nice change of pace.

Great news! After several measurements and calculations I found that I can be done knitting my lace scarf after 2 more pattern repeats! I can do that easy enough tonight but the big question will be IF I'll stop. The pattern is fun to knit and I will have plenty of yarn left over since it only calls for 330 yards and my hank is 440 yards. I was thinking that I plan to make 5 of these scarves in different colors and it might be cool if I took 3-4 leftover balls and make one funky scarf out of it. I'm not sure how that would turn out though.

I really want to get started on the next pattern variation (Glorianna) in one of my earth tone hanks but I promised myself to knit up a GAAA square first. All of those cables will be a nice break from the lace.

No comments: