Thursday, July 12, 2007

Splurge

Well, I broke down and finally made a knitting purchase. Not yarn though - I bought the fancy row counter and the WPI tool from Knit Picks. They were definitely not necessities and I've heard of plenty cheaper home made methods of getting the same things done but I wanted to treat myself.

The fancy row counter should help me with the GAAA squares since it looks like most squares have multiple patterns in the same row. I was using tally marks in a notebook but whenever I would start again it took me forever to figure out where I was. This is great motivation to get me knitting on that again. It's just too pretty to stay in hibernation.

The WPI tool and card is for my spinning. This wasn't expensive and I definitely could have just continued to use the chart from one of my Spin Off magazines and a ruler but like I said, this is a treat.

My biggest concern now is that lately I have found patterns that I really, really want to buy the yarn for. That Peapod Baby Set would be perfect for one of my pregnant friends but she's due in August and I vowed not to purchase any more yarn for the rest of the year. I just don't know what to do. I think projects for expectant mothers should be an exception! It's not like I'm just going to add to my stash since there's an inevitable deadline involved!

No comments: