Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Proof

I can't believe I finally started knitting The Great American Aran Afghan again. I've been wanting to do it for so long that I've gotten sick of hearing myself talk about it:

"I really need to finish that square"
"I already bought all of that yarn for the GAAA, I should just get going on that"
"I'm the moderator for the GAAA knit along and I'm not even working on a square"
"Blah, blah, blah"

Well, it's a blast to knit up and it looks cool. Here's proof that I finally picked it back up:


This is the McIntire square and I've got about half done. At this rate I should be able to finish it up by this weekend. No joke. I can't believe I thought this was going to take me forever.

I checked my KnitPicks order of yarn for the Peapod Baby Set and it's estimated delivery is Monday. Last time they said that it got here a day early. It's right on schedule to be my next project. I scanned over the instructions for that - now that looks like a difficult project. I'll be using every reference book I own for that one. Good thing it's small.

I have no pictures to share yet for the lace scarf. I'm waiting for my blocking wires to get here from HandWorks NW. I figure it will be easier to use the wires than to take an afternoon to pin it out. There's no shipping timeframe listed on the site but I can be patient. After my research I found that they were the best set and highly recommended by long-time lace knitters from the Knitters Review forums.

3 comments:

KristenfromNY said...

I just found your blog and knit along via knittinghelp.com. I love this afghan. Do you happen to know what issue it was in? I'd love to get the pattern. Thanks.

MotherHenKnits said...

Absolutely! It's actually a separate pattern that you can purchase for about $12.95. We have a knit-along at this site: http://aranafghanalong.blogspot.com/
and if you scroll down the side bar there is a list of links where you can buy the pattern. Feel free to join the KAL too. There's instructions at the top of the page. Let me know if you run into any problems.

KristenfromNY said...

Thank you! I just ordered the pattern book and I'll definitely join the KAL when I get started.