Friday, August 3, 2007

Deadline?

I successfully finished the first sleeve last night. I tried to stay up late enough to see my husband since he was flying home late but I just didn't make it. I finished the sleeve around 10:25 pm and I was in bed by 10:30 pm. No all nighters for me!

Here's the sleeve in all its glory:

Plus a shot of the cuff for extra detail:


Looking at my schedule I don't think I'm going to make the deadline. I could knit up another sleeve tonight, work on the collar and finishing stitches tomorrow night and then seam it all up on Sunday night. But then I still have a hat to do and that's a lot of pressure to knit it up on the flight to Chicago. So I'm going to plan on mailing it and if I happen to get it all done in time then bonus for me!

On a technical note:
I'm researching photo sharing sites. I'm using the free Flickr for Ravelry and Picasa for my blog (I just became aware of that). I'm worried about privacy issues and size limitations. I've looked at Photobucket and Smug Mug but I can't tell which one I'd like to go with (and pay for). I'm leaning towards Flickr because I'm already familiar with the program but I want to make sure that my family and friends can see all of our family pictures but the general public can only see my knitting pictures.

Anyone have any advise or recommendations?

No comments: