Friday, August 24, 2007

GAAA - Morioka Square

Yup, it's done. It took 8 days to do it but only 7 nights of actual knitting. I am so impressed with myself that I'm going to cast on a lace scarf tonight just for fun.

This square combines my love of lace and cables. Here's a close up of the lace zig-zag pattern bordering the cables:


No, my yarn isn't dirty. I just haven't figured out taking pictures in full light yet. Anyway, here's a close up of of the cable work with the lace mixed in:

I really like it. I can't wait to start the next square but I'm going to keep up the routine of working a square every other project. I don't want to get burned out working with the same yarn every day for the next couple months. Here's the full FO picture:


Pattern: The Great American Aran Afghan - Meredith K. Morioka square
Yarn: Plymouth Encore color 7357 worsted weight
Needles: size 5 US (3.75mm)
Notions: cable needle & 2 stitch markers
Size before blocking: 11" x 13"
Time frame: 8/15/07 to 8/23/07

No comments: