Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lace Kick

I haven't finished my Branching Out scarf yet but last night I decided to cast on another lace scarf. This one is the Town & Country pattern from the Elizabeth I design that I purchased from Knit Picks. I thought if I had the moral support of my fellow knitters last night I might actually be able to swatch it out to the right size. Turns out - the first needle I choose actually looked good. This was a big surprise because I tried this once before and I didn't like it. I'm just going to assume that my knitting has improved. Here's my progress so far:


I really like it. I haven't finished one pattern repeat yet but it's already getting intuitive. That's what is so amazing. It's pretty much one pattern row with two different beginnings. Very intuitive for lace. I have 5 different colored hanks of this lace weight yarn with 3 variations of the Elizabeth I design. My thoughts are to make one for each of my sister-in-laws and then one for my mom and mother-in-law for Christmas presents. They are all in fairly warm climates so this lace weight scarf might actually get worn! The only drawback to that is this seems like it will take awhile to knit up and I really don't like putting deadlines on projects. Deadlines are just not fun.

On the spinning front I'm having a dilemma. My back starts to hurt after only a hour of spinning and right now I'm just not in the mood to spin. Should I just stick to my schedule and push through this until I fix my posture issue or should I take a little break and just have fun knitting for a week or two? I'm torn because I will never get any better unless I practice but the reason why I like having a few projects going is that I never have to do anything I don't feel like doing. Ugh.

My husbands suggestion was just to spin for an hour tonight and then knit (that sounds so damn reasonable) but I like to just get comfortable and stick with something each night. Yeah, I'm lazy like that.

No comments: