Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Over the Hump

Last night's spinning was a learning experience for me. I almost gave up because I couldn't get the bobbin started. Once I finally got it going I was fine. So I learned that:

1. Always have a bobbin started when working with alpaca. It will make the next spinning experience start quickly and more enjoyable (less swearing too).
2. Take a TV break in the middle of the night to stretch out (less back pain).

Overall, I think I was spinning for about 2 and 1/2 hours last night and I filled up another bobbin. I'm going to add the Jumbo Flyer to my wish list so I don't have to change bobbins as often. I'm not sure if I want to spin with the jumbo bobbin or just ply to it. I'll have to research that a bit more to see what other spinners do. I should be done with my pound of alpaca in a few weeks, no clue on what to pick to spin next but I have many to choose from now!

The Monday Night Knit Club was fun as always. My mother-in-law was still in town so she tagged along. It was such a girls night out for us. We brought dishcloths to work on - she didn't want to start Eris without being able to concentrate on it fully. I finished one and got started on another.


Not only am I on a lace kick with my knitting - I'm also into bright cotton yarn right now. Someday I'm going to weave in all of those ends but I just don't feel like it right now. I'm saving them up for one afternoon to finish up. Tonight is back to my lace knitting. YAY!

No comments: