Friday, November 2, 2007

Finished Object - Basic Hat

Pattern: Basic Hat from March 2, 2006 entry from the Knitting Pattern-a-Day 2006 Calendar
Yarn: Wool-Ease sportweight (discontinued) in Wood #232
Needles: US 6 circulars and DPNs
Time frame: about 4-6 mights of knitting

Inspired by the Warm Up America initiative, I contacted our local Rescue Mission to see if they needed any specific hand knit items. They requested hats for adult men since many items that they get are not suitable for a man. I then realized that I could not possibly meet their need myself, I just knit too slow. So I contacted my peeps over at Knitting Help in the Charity section and they all have risen to the challenge! I've already received hats from 2 people so I got motivated to finish the one that I was working on. My husband liked the hat and said it was manly enough. YAY! Here it is modeled by my husband:











1 comment:

Laura McIntyre said...

Great hats, you have talent there