Friday, November 23, 2007

Three Needle Bind Off

I finished the front part of the sweater so the next step was to seam the shoulders together using the Three Needle Bind Off Technique. I was intimidated but after watching the video on Knitting Help it was a piece of cake. I really liked how nice the seam looked when I was done. It's very easy to do. Horrible picture below because of the flash.


Then I picked up the stitches around the arm to start knitting the sleeve. That took forever because I wanted it to be even. It's still off by one stitch but that's close enough for me. This is a close up of the very beginning of the sleeve. Not that exciting but it does give you a better idea of the dark charcoal color of the yarn:


My only problem with the way this sweater is constructed is that now I'm knitting with a gigantic piece. It would have been much nicer to knit the sleeve and then seam it up to the main piece. It's hard to find a knitting bag that will hold everything. Right now I'm using 2 bags for just this one project! The good news is that once I finish with the sleeves I just need to work on the collar and then I'm pretty much done. There's only the side seams to do and that should take no time. Still on track for Christmas!

No comments: