Sunday, November 4, 2007

Starting That Resolution List Early

Last night I got thinking about how it's already November. I did fairly well on my Resolutions for this year so I think it's time to get started on my 2008 list (all craft related of course). After listening to a few Knit Picks podcasts I came up with my first one:

1. Learn how to knit using two circular needles

I really like this one. I do like using DPNs but I don't care for the spacing they tend to leave in my work. Using circulars seems to help this but there's always the decreasing stitches that you have to use DPNs for. I'd like to learn this technique and see if there's a big difference in my finished work.

Techniques are a great place to start for resolutions because you can always build many projects off of them. It's better than being project focused in my opinion because there's no pressure or deadline associated with it. I just want to learn it and try it out on a few projects. See? No pressure.

No comments: